The Indian Government has made Aadhar card mandatory for everyone so that the identity of all the Indians including NRI’s could be established under one canopy. The documents that are expected in the procedure are all related to photo identity and residence so that the person’s connection with India is established clearly without any doubt. This is highly significant in the wake of the increasing problems of lapses in identity of various citizens from other countries who come in India under false disguise.
Some of the major benefits of Aadhar card are:
- Since the number is exceptionally unique, there is no chance of any duplicate number being given to other Indian. This is so because the number is derived from the linkage with individual biometrics which makes ghost or fake identities easily identifiable.
- Nowadays, there are many places where people work under fake identities and steal the secrets and information from the company. Since the number of Aadhar card is universal, the employers or anyone can check the identity of the person from all quarters of India and confirm the truth.
- Many government aids do not reach the needy and the poor because these people do not have perfect documents to establish their identity essential to qualify for the benefits. With the coming up of this card, these people won’t face such problem.
- The monetary benefits can be quickly transferred to the needy by electronic transfer after the identity has been confirmed through aadhar card. Hence, in critical conditions, the person will be assured of getting immediate help without much delay as was a regular thing earlier.
- Online authentication services are being made available to agencies that are responsible for validating the identity of residents for various purposes. This will help in controlling the cases of theft, terrorism and crime.