Indians are facing the problem of incorrect details in Government recognized identity cards from a long time back and there is no difference in Aadhar card as well. With probably 1/3rd of the nation covered under the Aadhar card project, plenty from them are complaining about incorrect details/spelling errors in the details mentioned on the Aadhar card, of which name, wrong address, gender etc are the common ones. UIDAI after seeing the long list of complaints has finally decided to allow the provision of correcting the details/information on the Aadhar card. So now if any of you having incorrect name, address, date of dob, gender and mobile number you can easily correct it. You can request to change in Aadhar card maximum of 4 times till March 2014.
Aadhar card details can be updated by two modes:
Online: Click here to update your details:
- Enter your 12 digits Aadhar number in the field after which you will receive OTP (One Time Password) one your registered mobile number which is valid only for 15 minutes. If you have not provided your mobile number then it will ask for a mobile number at that time.
- After which with that OTP you have to login into the website and have to check mark the box which you need to update. (Suppose you want to update address then check mark the address field) and click on Submit.
- After submitting it, fill the correct details in the field and click on “Submit Update Button”. After which it will ask you to verify the details if the you need no further correction then press “ Proceed” else press “ Modify”
- Now you will be directed to a document upload page where you have upload the scanned document for verifying your updated details. You can also post the same to UIDAI.
- After which you will get a URN on your mobile and will get a message on the screen that your details have been updated. Keep the URN details safely as it will be required to check the status of your updated data of Aadhar card.
Offline: The aadhar card correction form allow to make changes of your address, name, gender and other details. Click here to download in PDF format.
This Form looks like this:
- Fill in all the details correctly and in Capital Letter. Providing Mobile number is compulsory.
- Remember you have to attach the relevant document for the details you want to update. Suppose you want to update you address then you have to attach a Address poof along with that and do not forget to mention your Aadhar number on each document you are attaching.
- After doing everything enclose the documents in an envelop and write “Aadhar Update/Correction” on the top of the envelope and send it across to UIDAI.